The Foursquare Church exists to glorify God and advance His kingdom. Jesus Christ’s command is to preach the gospel and make disciples of all nations (Mark 16:15; Matthew 28:19). Therefore, we are “Dedicated unto the cause of Inter-denominational and Worldwide Evangelism.”* These words express our spirit and our focus.
Our call is to preach Jesus Christ, God’s Son, as The Savior, The Baptizer, The Healer and The Coming King.
Our assignment is to develop healthy, growing churches. Our commitment is to plant national churches around the world led by loving servants of Jesus Christ. Churches developed in this manner will reproduce again and again.This makes possible the spread of the gospel to those who have not heard or accepted the message of God’s Son.
Our Name – The Foursquare Gospel Church: “Foursquare” is a Biblical term used of the tabernacle in the Book of Exodus, of the Temple of the Lord in Ezekiel 40:47, and of Heaven, as described in the book of the Revelation. The term “Foursquare Gospel” was given in the inspiration of revival to the denomination’s founder, Aimee Semple McPherson, during an evangelistic campaign in Oakland, Calif., in 1922. It represents that which is equally balanced on all sides, established and enduring. Such confidence in the power of the Gospel is also expressed by the verse, Hebrews 13:8, displayed in Foursquare churches proclaiming, “Jesus Christ the Same, Yesterday and Today and Forever.”
The name represents the four-fold ministries of Jesus as:
We believe that Jesus Christ is THE SAVIOUR of the world.
- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” – John 3:16
- “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him…” – Isaiah 53:5
- “Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.” – Titus 2:14
We believe that Jesus Christ is THE HEALER.
- ” that it might be fulfilled which was spoken through Isaiah the prophet, saying: Himself took our infirmities, and bare our diseases..” – Mathew 8:17
- ” And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they[a] will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will.” – Mark 16:17-18
We believe that Jesus Christ is THE BAPTIZER with THE HOLY SPIRIT.
- ” for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” – Acts 1:5,8
- ” Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? ” – 1 Corinthians 3:16
We believe that Jesus Christ is THE SOON COMING KING.
- ” For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. ” – 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
- ” so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation. ” – Hebrew 9:28